From Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings:
Ah, Genea-folks, it’s Saturday Night again – are you ready for more Genealogy Fun?
Your mission tonight, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1) List your 16 great-great-grandparents with their birth, death and marriage data (dates and places). [Hint – you might use an Ancestral Name List from your software for this.]
2) Determine the countries (or states) that these ancestors lived in at their birth and at their death.
3) For extra credit, go make a “Heritage Pie” chart for the country of origin (birth place) for these 16 ancestors. [Hint: you could use the chart generator from Kid Zone for this.] [Note: Thank you to Sheri Fenley for the “Heritage Pie” chart idea.]
4. Tell us about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a post on Facebook or google+.
Here are my 16 great great grandparents:
16. John O’Connell, son of Denis Connell and Helen Teahan, was born Nov 1857 in Droumtarrife Parish, Co. Cork, Ireland. He died, 26 Sep 1931, Fair Haven, Rutland, VT, USA and married Bridget Curran before 1880 in the USA.
17. Bridget Curran was born April 1862 and died 1895 in the USA. I have no specific records to prove dates. Though I believe that her birth was in Tralee, Co. Kerry Ireland. Without proof though, I still will not connect the record I have to her.
18. Hilaire Fontaine was born Jan 1857 in Stanstead Plain, Quebec, Canada to Jean-Baptiste Fontaine and Sophie Simoneau. He died 10 June 1895 Worcester, Washington, Vermont, USA. He married Marie Cote’ before 1877. Hilaire changed his name to Alexander Springer after 1880 when he moved to the USA.
19. Marie Elizabeth Cote’ was born Feb 1858 in Quebec, to Francois Xavier Cote’ and Felicite (last name unkown at this point). She died about 1966, USA. Marie remarried after the death of her husband to Joseph Robichaud and then a Mr. Gagnon.
20. Herman Jaeger, I have no other information on him
21. Mrs. Herman Jaeger, I have no name and no further information.
22. William Jonas was born in 1863 in Germany, parental information unknown. He died after 1910 in Cook County, IL, USA (no specifics at this point). He married Marie Lustgens in 1886.
23. Marie Lustgens was born about 1863 in Germany, she died after 1930 in Cook County, IL, USA (no specifics at this point).
24. John Eldridge Richmond was born 20 Sep 1875 in West Virginia, USA to William Harrison Richmond Sr and Martha Jane Dick. He died 31 Mar 1955 in Raliegh Co., West Virginia, USA. He married Nettie Ann Warden 24 Dec 1896, Raliegh Co., West Virginia, USA.
25. Nettie Ann Warden was born in West Virginia, USA to David J. Warden and Malissa A. Williams. She died 3 Feb 1968 in Raliegh Co., West Virginia USA.
26. James E. Walker was born around 1861 in Ohio, USA to Washington Walker and Lucinda Delong. He died after 1938 (no specific information). He married Melvina Rollins before 1880 (place unknown).
27. Melvina Rollins was born 10 Jan 1860 in Ohio, USA to John Rollins and Sarah (last name unknown). She died 28 Dec 1938 in Johnson, Kentucky, USA.
28. Joannes Lachney was born 26 Jul 1860 in Iglo, Hungry/Spisska, Nova Ves (Slovakia) to Martinus Lascni and Catharini Minarcsik. He died 29 Jul 1922 in Clinton, Vermillion Co., Indiana, USA. He married Susanna Gajdos before 1886 (place unknown).
29. Susanna Gajdos was born 2 Feb 1861 in Iglo, Hungry/Spisska, Nova Ves (Slovakia). Parental information unknown. She died 8 Mar 1924 in Indiana, USA.
30. John James Hilton was born 2 Aug 1869 in Jackson Co., Ohio, USA to John James Hilton and Hannah Elizabeth Faircloth. He died 12 May 1947 in Besoca, Raleigh Co., West Virginia, USA. He married Susie Kerr around 1893 (specifics unknown).
31. Susie Kerr was born 12 Feb 1876 in Arlington, Ohio, USA to John Kerr and Margaret Garlinger. She died 11 Sep 1943 in Beckley or Oswall, West Virginia, USA.
I am excited to be able to post the information that I have. It is obvious from analysis of the information that I still have much to do on these ancestors.
If any of these individuals are in your family tree, please leave a comment and let me know.